(16-44) Marlins – 1 at 6 – Phillies (30-30)
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez hit three home runs, driving in six.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki went 5-for-5 with two home runs.
- Reds OF Xavier Paul hit a three-run home run for his only hit of the night.
- Rockies SP Jon Garland allowed four runs in six innings to earn the win.
- Yankees SP CC Sabathia went all nine innings, allowing four runs while striking out nine.
- Indians SP Corey Kluber allowed six runs — four earned — over six innings.
- Yankees OF Brett Gardner hit a three-run home run on Wednesday as the Yankees defeated the Indians.
- Indians 3B Mark Reynolds went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
- Orioles C Matt Wieters went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI.
- Astros RP Dallas Keuchel allowed one run over six innings to earn the win.
- Orioles SP Freddy Garcia allowed six runs — including four home runs — in three innings.
- Astros 2B Jose Altuve went 2-for-5 with his third home run of the season.
- Orioles SS J.J. Hardy went 2-for-5 with his 13th home run of the season.
- White Sox RP Addison Reed was awarded the win in a game that lasted 16 innings.
- Mariners 3B Kyle Seager hit a 14th-inning grand slam.
- Mariners SP Hisashi Iwakuma dominated over eight innings allowing six hits in a no-decision.
- White Sox SP Dylan Axelrod went 5 1/3 scoreless innings in a no-decision.
- Rays SP Alex Cobb spun 7 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out seven while allowing five hits and three walks.
- Rays RP Fernando Rodney nailed down his 12th save of the season with a scoreless ninth.
- Tigers SP Doug Fister was dealt a tough-luck loss, allowing three runs over 8 1/3 innings in a defeat.
- Rays 3B.Evan Longoria went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Rangers SS Elvis Andrus went 2-for-4 with a two-run double.
- Red Sox 2B Dustin Pedroia went 1-for-3 with a home run.
- Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre hit his 12th home run.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando allowed one run in 5 2/3 innings while striking out six.
- Red Sox SP John Lackey went six innings, allowing just one run in a no-decision.
- Royals SP Jeremy Guthrie allowed one run over six innings while allowing six hits.
- Royals RP Greg Holland pitched a scoreless ninth inning to lock down his 10th save of the season.
- Twins SP P.J. Walters allowed three runs — none earned — over six innings but took the loss.
- Royals C Salvador Perez went 2-for-3 with two runs scored as the Royals defeated the Twins on Wednesday.
- Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo went 2-for-6 and came through with a bases-loaded double in the 10th inning.
- Angels 1B Mark Trumbo went 2-for-4 with two home runs.
- Angels 2B Howie Kendrick went 4-for-5 with a home run.
- Cubs SP Matt Garza allowed four runs over 6 1/3 innings but was denied a win.
- Angels SP Jason Vargas allowed five runs over five innings, taking a no-decision.
- Nationals placed RHP Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right lat.
- Reds placed RHP Johnny Cueto on the 15-day disabled list with a right lat injury.
- Reds recalled RHP Pedro Villarreal from Double-A Pensacola.
- Marlins prospect OF Christian Yelich has been placed on the disabled list with Double-A Jacksonville.
- Cardinals recalled RHP Maikel Cleto from Triple-A Memphis.
- Cardinals optioned RHP Victor Marte to Triple-A Memphis.
- Brewers recalled RHP Tyler Thornburg from Triple-A Nashville.
- Brewers placed RHP Marco Estrada on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 4, with a strained left hamstring.
- White Sox sent INF Tyler Greene outright to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Rangers activated RHP Alexi Ogando from the 15-day disabled list.
- Rangers optioned LHP Joseph Ortiz to Triple-A Round Rock.
- Mariners transferred OF Franklin Gutierrez from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Mariners optioned INF Carlos Triunfel to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Red Sox released RHP Oscar Villarreal.
- Mariners purchase the contract of C Brandon Bantz from Triple-A Tacoma.
- Angels optioned RHP Dane De La Rosa to Triple-A Salt Lake.
- Nationals SP Ross Ohlendorf is expected to replace Stephen Strasburg (lat) in the Nationals' starting rotation.
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips (forearm) is expected to return to the Reds' lineup on Friday against the Cardinals.
- Mets SP Jon Niese (shoulder) reported feeling "really good" after throwing a bullpen session Wednesday.
- Reds OF Chris Heisey (hamstring) is set to begin a minor league rehab assignment Friday at Triple-A Louisville.
- Brewers RP Jim Henderson (hamstring) will begin a rehab assignment Friday with Low-A Wisconsin.
- Marlins SP Nathan Eovaldi (shoulder) will make one more start at Double-A Jacksonville before rejoining the Marlins.
- Nationals SP Ross Detwiler (oblique) could be activated from the disabled list Saturday.
- Cardinals prospect OF Oscar Taveras is dealing with a high-ankle sprain.
- Pirates SP Charlie Morton (elbow, shoulder) will make his final rehab appearance for Triple-A Indianapolis on Saturday.
- Pirates SP James McDonald (shoulder) will make his next rehab start Thursday with Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Dodgers RP Scott Elbert will undergo Tommy John surgery on his left elbow.
- Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill (hand) has been cleared to face live pitching.
- Diamondbacks SP Brandon McCarthy (shoulder) underwent an MRI on Tuesday that ruled out structural damage.
- Diamondbacks SP Daniel Hudson left his rehab start Tuesday for Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness.
- The Dodgers announced after Tuesday's game that SP Josh Beckett has been shut down for the next four weeks because of the nerve problem in his right arm.
- Rockies SP Tyler Chatwood (triceps) will not make his next scheduled start on Saturday.
- Nationals SP Ross Detwiler (oblique) is expected to make one rehab start before rejoining the Nationals' rotation.
- Dodgers RP Matt Guerrier (thumb) is expected to avoid the disabled list.
- Mets manager Terry Collins doesn't expect RP Jeurys Familia (elbow) to return this season.
- Nationals C Wilson Ramos (hamstring) has been sent to the Nationals' spring training facility and will resume baseball activities.
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano (lat) thinks he'll spend the minimum amount of time on the disabled list.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session this Friday.
- An MRI taken Wednesday on White Sox SP Jake Peavy's left rib cage showed a non-displaced fracture.
- WEEI.com reports that Red Sox 3B Will Middlebrooks (back) could be optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket when he returns from the disabled list.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino (hamstring) will begin a rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Angels DH Albert Pujols confirmed on Wednesday that he still isn't completely recovered from his knee and foot injuries and considered going on the disabled list earlier this season.
- Angels RP Sean Burnett (elbow) is is expected to throw a bullpen session this week.
- Indians manager Terry Francona said that SS Asdrubal Cabrera (quad) could return in 3-4 weeks.
- Orioles OF Lew Ford will undergo groin surgery on Thursday.
- Royals SP Danny Duffy (elbow) will move his rehab assignment up to Triple-A Omaha on Monday.
- Orioles 3B Wilson Betemit (knee) is not as far along in his rehab as initially thought.
- Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler (rib cage) hasn't begun swinging a bat but has improved mobility.
- Rangers 1B Mitch Moreland will fly to Arlington, Texas on Thursday to undergo an MRI on his right hamstring.
- Yankees OF Brennan Boesch was removed from Wednesday's game at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre due to shoulder tightness.
- Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie's ailing left ankle has yet to show noticeable signs of improvement.
- Red Sox OF Jacoby Ellsbury (groin) is confident he'll return to the lineup on Thursday.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos (hamstring) is hoping to be activated from the disabled list on Monday.
Notes and Rumors:
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now