Thanks to Jason Martinez and Clint Chisam of MLB Depth Charts, we'll now be bringing you daily news, notes, transactions, injury updates, and notable performances from the previous day's games…throughout the entire season! And if you like what you see here, don't forget to check out MLBDC's Insider subscription, which also includes starting pitcher rankings and matchups, top 25 batter vs. pitcher stat rankings, lineup tracker (includes lineups from past seven games), rotation report, stat tracker, and more!
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
(27-32) Padres – 6 at 2 – Dodgers (25-33)
(16-44) Marlins – 1 at 6 – Phillies (30-30)
(35-25) Pirates – 0 at 5 – Braves (37-22)
(32-28) Rockies – 12 at 4 – Reds (36-24)
- Rockies OF Carlos Gonzalez hit three home runs, driving in six.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki went 5-for-5 with two home runs.
- Reds OF Xavier Paul hit a three-run home run for his only hit of the night.
- Rockies SP Jon Garland allowed four runs in six innings to earn the win.
(34-25) Diamondbacks – 10 at 3 – Cardinals (38-21)
(23-33) Mets – 10 at 1 – Nationals (29-30)
(30-29) Indians – 4 at 6 – Yankees (34-25)
- Yankees SP CC Sabathia went all nine innings, allowing four runs while striking out nine.
- Indians SP Corey Kluber allowed six runs — four earned — over six innings.
- Yankees OF Brett Gardner hit a three-run home run on Wednesday as the Yankees defeated the Indians.
- Indians 3B Mark Reynolds went 0-for-4 with a strikeout.
(34-25) Orioles – 7 at 11 – Astros (22-38)
- Orioles C Matt Wieters went 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI.
- Astros RP Dallas Keuchel allowed one run over six innings to earn the win.
- Orioles SP Freddy Garcia allowed six runs — including four home runs — in three innings.
- Astros 2B Jose Altuve went 2-for-5 with his third home run of the season.
- Orioles SS J.J. Hardy went 2-for-5 with his 13th home run of the season.
(25-31) White Sox – 7 at 5 – Mariners (25-34) (16 innings)
- White Sox RP Addison Reed was awarded the win in a game that lasted 16 innings.
- Mariners 3B Kyle Seager hit a 14th-inning grand slam.
- Mariners SP Hisashi Iwakuma dominated over eight innings allowing six hits in a no-decision.
- White Sox SP Dylan Axelrod went 5 1/3 scoreless innings in a no-decision.
(32-26) Rays – 3 at 0 – Tigers (31-26)
- Rays SP Alex Cobb spun 7 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out seven while allowing five hits and three walks.
- Rays RP Fernando Rodney nailed down his 12th save of the season with a scoreless ninth.
- Tigers SP Doug Fister was dealt a tough-luck loss, allowing three runs over 8 1/3 innings in a defeat.
- Rays 3B.Evan Longoria went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
(36-22) Rangers – 3 at 2 – Red Sox (36-24)
- Rangers SS Elvis Andrus went 2-for-4 with a two-run double.
- Red Sox 2B Dustin Pedroia went 1-for-3 with a home run.
- Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre hit his 12th home run.
- Rangers SP Alexi Ogando allowed one run in 5 2/3 innings while striking out six.
- Red Sox SP John Lackey went six innings, allowing just one run in a no-decision.
(27-29) Twins – 1 at 4 – Royals (24-32)
- Royals SP Jeremy Guthrie allowed one run over six innings while allowing six hits.
- Royals RP Greg Holland pitched a scoreless ninth inning to lock down his 10th save of the season.
- Twins SP P.J. Walters allowed three runs — none earned — over six innings but took the loss.
- Royals C Salvador Perez went 2-for-3 with two runs scored as the Royals defeated the Twins on Wednesday.
(36-25) Athletics – 6 at 1 – Brewers (22-36)
(24-33) Cubs – 8 at 6 – Angels (26-34) (10 innings)
- Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo went 2-for-6 and came through with a bases-loaded double in the 10th inning.
- Angels 1B Mark Trumbo went 2-for-4 with two home runs.
- Angels 2B Howie Kendrick went 4-for-5 with a home run.
- Cubs SP Matt Garza allowed four runs over 6 1/3 innings but was denied a win.
- Angels SP Jason Vargas allowed five runs over five innings, taking a no-decision.
(25-34) Blue Jays – 4 at 0 – Giants (31-28)
- Nationals placed RHP Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right lat.
- Reds placed RHP Johnny Cueto on the 15-day disabled list with a right lat injury.
- Reds recalled RHP Pedro Villarreal from Double-A Pensacola.
- Marlins prospect OF Christian Yelich has been placed on the disabled list with Double-A Jacksonville.
- Cardinals recalled RHP Maikel Cleto from Triple-A Memphis.
- Cardinals optioned RHP Victor Marte to Triple-A Memphis.
- Brewers recalled RHP Tyler Thornburg from Triple-A Nashville.
- Brewers placed RHP Marco Estrada on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 4, with a strained left hamstring.
- White Sox sent INF Tyler Greene outright to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Rangers activated RHP Alexi Ogando from the 15-day disabled list.
- Rangers optioned LHP Joseph Ortiz to Triple-A Round Rock.
- Mariners transferred OF Franklin Gutierrez from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Mariners optioned INF Carlos Triunfel to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Red Sox released RHP Oscar Villarreal.
- Mariners purchase the contract of C Brandon Bantz from Triple-A Tacoma.
- Angels optioned RHP Dane De La Rosa to Triple-A Salt Lake.
- Nationals SP Ross Ohlendorf is expected to replace Stephen Strasburg (lat) in the Nationals' starting rotation.
- Reds 2B Brandon Phillips (forearm) is expected to return to the Reds' lineup on Friday against the Cardinals.
- Mets SP Jon Niese (shoulder) reported feeling "really good" after throwing a bullpen session Wednesday.
- Reds OF Chris Heisey (hamstring) is set to begin a minor league rehab assignment Friday at Triple-A Louisville.
- Brewers RP Jim Henderson (hamstring) will begin a rehab assignment Friday with Low-A Wisconsin.
- Marlins SP Nathan Eovaldi (shoulder) will make one more start at Double-A Jacksonville before rejoining the Marlins.
- Nationals SP Ross Detwiler (oblique) could be activated from the disabled list Saturday.
- Cardinals prospect OF Oscar Taveras is dealing with a high-ankle sprain.
- Pirates SP Charlie Morton (elbow, shoulder) will make his final rehab appearance for Triple-A Indianapolis on Saturday.
- Pirates SP James McDonald (shoulder) will make his next rehab start Thursday with Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Dodgers RP Scott Elbert will undergo Tommy John surgery on his left elbow.
- Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill (hand) has been cleared to face live pitching.
- Diamondbacks SP Brandon McCarthy (shoulder) underwent an MRI on Tuesday that ruled out structural damage.
- Diamondbacks SP Daniel Hudson left his rehab start Tuesday for Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness.
- The Dodgers announced after Tuesday's game that SP Josh Beckett has been shut down for the next four weeks because of the nerve problem in his right arm.
- Rockies SP Tyler Chatwood (triceps) will not make his next scheduled start on Saturday.
- Nationals SP Ross Detwiler (oblique) is expected to make one rehab start before rejoining the Nationals' rotation.
- Dodgers RP Matt Guerrier (thumb) is expected to avoid the disabled list.
- Mets manager Terry Collins doesn't expect RP Jeurys Familia (elbow) to return this season.
- Nationals C Wilson Ramos (hamstring) has been sent to the Nationals' spring training facility and will resume baseball activities.
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano (lat) thinks he'll spend the minimum amount of time on the disabled list.
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) is scheduled to throw a bullpen session this Friday.
- An MRI taken Wednesday on White Sox SP Jake Peavy's left rib cage showed a non-displaced fracture.
- WEEI.com reports that Red Sox 3B Will Middlebrooks (back) could be optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket when he returns from the disabled list.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino (hamstring) will begin a rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Angels DH Albert Pujols confirmed on Wednesday that he still isn't completely recovered from his knee and foot injuries and considered going on the disabled list earlier this season.
- Angels RP Sean Burnett (elbow) is is expected to throw a bullpen session this week.
- Indians manager Terry Francona said that SS Asdrubal Cabrera (quad) could return in 3-4 weeks.
- Orioles OF Lew Ford will undergo groin surgery on Thursday.
- Royals SP Danny Duffy (elbow) will move his rehab assignment up to Triple-A Omaha on Monday.
- Orioles 3B Wilson Betemit (knee) is not as far along in his rehab as initially thought.
- Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler (rib cage) hasn't begun swinging a bat but has improved mobility.
- Rangers 1B Mitch Moreland will fly to Arlington, Texas on Thursday to undergo an MRI on his right hamstring.
- Yankees OF Brennan Boesch was removed from Wednesday's game at Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre due to shoulder tightness.
- Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie's ailing left ankle has yet to show noticeable signs of improvement.
- Red Sox OF Jacoby Ellsbury (groin) is confident he'll return to the lineup on Thursday.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos (hamstring) is hoping to be activated from the disabled list on Monday.
Notes and Rumors: