Thanks to Jason Martinez and Clint Chisam of MLB Depth Charts, we'll now be bringing you daily news, notes, transactions, injury updates, and notable performances from the previous day's games…throughout the entire season! And if you like what you see here, don't forget to check out MLBDC's Insider subscription, which also includes starting pitcher rankings and matchups, top 25 batter vs. pitcher stat rankings, lineup tracker (includes lineups from past seven games), rotation report, stat tracker, and more!
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
(26-31) Padres – 1 at 2 – Dodgers (24-32)
- Dodgers SP Stephen Fife allowed one run over 5 1/3 innings while striking out five.
- Dodgers RP Brandon League nailed down his 12th save of the season with a scoreless ninth inning.
- Padres SP Eric Stults pitched well against his former team despite taking a loss, yielding just two runs over seven frames.
- Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig went 2-for-4 with a pair of singles in his major league debut.
- Dodgers OF Scott Van Slyke singled and belted a solo homer.
(16-42) Marlins – 2 at 7 – Phillies (28-30)
- Phillies SP Kyle Kendrick recorded his fourth career complete game allowing six hits and striking out five.
- Marlins RP Tom Koehler remained winless after allowing five runs — four earned — in five innings.
- Phillies OF Domonic Brown, named the NL Player of the Month for May, went 3-for-4 with a two-run homer.
- Phillies C Erik Kratz went 2-for-4 and hit his seventh homer.
(35-23) Pirates – 2 at 7 – Braves (35-22)
(30-28) Rockies – 0 at 3 – Reds (36-22)
- Reds SP Bronson Arroyo pitched eight innings and combined with Aroldis Chapman on a four-hit shutout.
- Reds OF Jay Bruce went 3-for-4 and hit a two-run homer.
- Rockies 3B Nolan Arenado went 0-for-4, dropping his average to .221.
(32-25) Diamondbacks – 1 at 7 – Cardinals (38-19)
- Cardinals SP Lance Lynn moved to 8-1 with seven innings of one-run ball.
- Diamondbacks SP Trevor Cahill surrendered five runs and nine hits in five innings.
- Cardinals OF Carlos Beltran returned to action and went 3-for-5 with a two-run homer and three RBI.
- Cardinals OF Jon Jay went 0-for-4 and has opened June 2-for-15.
(30-27) Indians – 4 at 7 – Yankees (32-25)
- Yankees 1B Mark Teixeira hit his eighth career grand slam off Justin Masterson.
- Yankees SP Andy Pettitte pitched 4 2/3 innings and allowed four runs in his return from the disabled list.
- Indians SP Justin Masterson was tagged for seven runs in 6 1/3 innings.
- Indians 3B Mark Reynolds went 0-for-3 and is hitting .185 with two home runs and 28 strikeouts in his last 81 at-bats.
(21-37) Astros – 2 at 1 – Angels (25-33)
(24-31) White Sox – 2 at 4 – Mariners (25-33)
- Mariners SP Joe Saunders pitched well for the second straight start, tossing 6 1/3 frames of one-run ball.
- Mariners RP Tom Wilhelmsen allowed a run on a hit and a walk but still converted the save.
- White Sox SP John Danks pitched decently in a loss, allowing four runs – three earned – over six frames.
- Mariners OF Raul Ibanez belted a two-run homer.
(35-24) Athletics – 10 at 2 – Brewers (21-35)
- Pirates placed RHP Jeanmar Gomez on the 15-day disabled list with right forearm tightness.
- Cubs sent RHP Alex Burnett outright to Triple-A Iowa.
- Phillies activated 3B Michael Young from the bereavement list.
- Phillies optioned INF/OF Michael Martinez to Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
- Braves acquired LHP Tom Keeling from the Brewers for 3B Juan Francisco.
- Brewers released INF Alex Gonzalez.
- Brewers recalled 2B Scooter Gennett from Triple-A Nashville.
- Brewers optioned RHP Mike Fiers to Triple-A Nashville.
- Brewers acquired 3B Juan Francisco from the Braves for minor league LHP Tom Keeling.
- Marlins recalled LHP Edgar Olmos from Double-A Jacksonville.
- Pirates placed RHP Phil Irwin on the 60-day disabled list.
- Pirates recalled RHP Jered Hughes from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Nationals released LHP J.C. Romero.
- Pirates optioned OF Alex Presley to Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Braves signed RHP Mitch Atkins to a minor league contract.
- Dodgers optioned RHP Matthew Magill to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Diamondbacks optioned RHP Randall Delgado to Triple-A Reno.
- Padres released INF Edinson Rincon.
- Dodgers recalled RHP Stephen Fife from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Dodgers placed OF Carl Crawford on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 2, with a strained left hamstring.
- White Sox activated 2B Gordon Beckham from the 15-day disabled list.
- Rangers released INF Mark Teahen.
- Royals C Salvador Perez is expected to be activated from the bereavement list Tuesday.
- Twins purchased the contract of OF Clete Thomas from Triple-A Rochester.
- Twins designated LHP Tyler Robertson for assignment.
- The Royals have promoted SP Yordano Ventura to Triple-A Omaha.
- Yankees optioned OF Brennan Boesch to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Yankees activated LHP Andy Pettitte from the 15-day disabled list.
- Blue Jays optioned RHP Mickey Storey to Triple-A Buffalo.
- Mets SP Jon Niese (shoulder) is expected to start Saturday against the Marlins.
- Mets SP Zack Wheeler is expected to make one more start with Triple-A Las Vegas before being promoted for the Mets' next homestand against the Cubs.
- FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that RP Sean Marshall (shoulder) is expected to be out for close to another month.
- Mets prospect catcher C Travis d'Arnaud (foot) received clearance Monday to begin limited workouts.
- Marlins manager Mike Redmond said Monday that OF Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring) is doing baserunning drills at the team's spring training complex in Jupiter, Florida.
- Brewers manager Ron Roenicke doesn't anticipate SP Marco Estrada (hamstring) being ready for his next start.
- Brewers SP Hiram Burgos (shoulder) will not return from the disabled list on Thursday, the first day he's eligible.
- Brewers RP Jim Henderson (hamstring) said Monday that he's "real confident" he will be activated from the disabled list on Saturday, the first day he's eligible.
- Rockies SP Tyler Chatwood (triceps) is hoping to be ready for his next start.
- Mets RP Scott Atchison will not need surgery for a bone spur in his right elbow after receiving a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
- Dodgers RP Scott Elbert (elbow) has been shut down from his rehab assignment.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez (hamstring) is expected to be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday.
- Dodgers SP Chris Capuano will undergo an MRI on his ailing triceps.
- Cardinals SP Chris Carpenter (shoulder, neck) threw 40-plus pitches of live batting practice on Monday.
- Dodgers SP Hyun-Jin Ryu (foot) felt good during a bullpen session Monday and expects to be ready to make his next start.
- Red Sox prospect SP Matt Barnes allowed seven runs over just 1 2/3 innings in his start Sunday at Double-A Portland.
- Yankees SP Michael Pineda (shoulder) will throw in an extended spring training game Monday.
- Orioles SP Wei-Yin Chen (oblique) will resume a throwing program Tuesday.
- Orioles RP Tsuyoshi Wada (elbow) will make his next rehab start Thursday with Triple-A Norfolk.
- Indians SP Brett Myers (elbow) could resume a throwing program in 4-5 days.
- Blue Jays SP Ramon Ortiz will undergo an MRI on his right elbow Monday.
- Royals OF David Lough (wrist) is expected to return to the lineup Tuesday against the Twins.
- Astros OF Justin Maxwell (hand) will begin a minor league rehab assignment Tuesday with Double-A Corpus Christi.
- Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre was diagnosed with a "minor" strain of his left hamstring following an MRI.
- Orioles SP Dylan Bundy (elbow, forearm) will resume a throwing program on June 10.
- Mariners OF Michael Morse (quad) hopes to return to the lineup by the middle of the week.
- Indians manager Terry Francona said after Monday's game that SS Asdrubal Cabrera (quad) is "most likely" headed to the disabled list.
- Tigers OF Austin Jackson (hamstring) will attempt to resume baseball activities on Tuesday.
- Mariners OF Franklin Gutierrez (hamstring) has been pulled off his rehab assignment, as he's still having problems with his "lower half."
- Indians SP Zach McAllister will have his next start pushed back due to a finger issue.
Notes and Rumors:
- Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson confirmed that SP Tyler Skaggs will be called up from Triple-A Reno to start Tuesday against the Cardinals.
- Cardinals RP Joe Kelly will start Wednesday against the Diamondbacks.
- Brewers RP Alfredo Figaro will start on Friday against the Phillies.
- The Reds are considering promoting right-hander Curtis Partch from Triple-A Louisville.