Thanks to Jason Martinez and Clint Chisam of MLB Depth Charts, we'll now be bringing you daily news, notes, transactions, injury updates, and notable performances from the previous day's games…throughout the entire season! And if you like what you see here, don't forget to check out MLBDC's Insider subscription, which also includes starting pitcher rankings and matchups, top 25 batter vs. pitcher stat rankings, lineup tracker (includes lineups from past seven games), rotation report, stat tracker, and more!
Yesterday's Notable Stat Lines:
(22-28) Padres – 0 at 9 – Mariners (22-29)
(33-17) Cardinals – 6 at 3 – Royals (21-27)
- Cardinals SP Adam Wainwright pitched eight innings of three-run ball.
- Royals SP James Shields lost a fourth straight start after giving up six runs in six innings.
- Batting second for just the third time in his career, Cardinals C Yadier Molina homered, doubled and walked twice.
- Royals OF David Lough went 4-for-5 with a double as the leadoff hitter.
(27-24) Rockies – 2 at 3 – Astros (15-36) (12 innings)
- Astros OF Brandon Barnes delivered a game-winning double in the bottom of the 12th.
- Astros SP Bud Norris, who left his last start with back spasms, allowed two runs in seven innings in a no-decision.
- Rockies SP Jhoulys Chacin struck out nine while allowing two runs in seven innings.
- Astros OF J.D. Martinez struck out all five times he was up as the designated hitter.
(13-38) Marlins – 6 at 10 – Rays (26-24)
- Rays OF Kelly Johnson went 4-for-5 with two three-run homers, six RBI and a stolen base.
- Rays RP Fernando Rodney tossed a scoreless inning in a non-save situation.
- Rays SP Jake Odorizzi was charged with six runs in four-plus innings.
- Marlins SP Jose Fernandez was tagged for seven runs (four earned) in 3 1/3 innings.
- Marlins OF Justin Ruggiano launched his eighth home run of the season.
(32-19) Rangers – 3 at 5 – Diamondbacks (29-22) Game 1
- Diamondbacks SP Tyler Skaggs struck out a career-high nine over six scoreless innings.
- Rangers RP Martin Perez yielded four runs (three earned) over 5 1/3 innings.
- Diamondbacks OF Cody Ross went 2-for-4 with a solo homer.
- Rangers 2B Jurickson Profar went 2-for-3 with an RBI single and a walk in a loss.
(32-20) Rangers – 4 at 5 – Diamondbacks (30-22) Game 2
(28-23) Giants – 1 at 4 – Athletics (29-23)
(28-23) Orioles – 6 at 2 – Nationals (26-25)
(31-20) Pirates – 5 at 6 – Tigers (29-20)
(27-23) Indians – 2 at 4 – Reds (32-19)
(20-28) Twins – 6 at 3 – Brewers (19-30)
- Twins C Joe Mauer hit his fourth homer, walked twice and scored three runs.
- Brewers SP Wily Peralta gave up four runs — three earned — and walked five in five innings.
- Brewers OF Carlos Gomez had his second two-homer game in three days.
- Brewers OF Ryan Braun appeared as a pinch-hitter Monday and lined out against the Twins.
(30-20) Braves – 3 at 9 – Blue Jays (22-29)
- Blue Jays 1B Edwin Encarnacion delivered a three-run homer and a two-run single.
- Blue Jays SP Mark Buehrle recorded just his second win allowing one run in six innings.
- Braves SP Tim Hudson was tagged for six runs and two homers in six innings.
- Braves C Evan Gattis went 3-for-4 with a two-run homer and a double.
(20-30) Cubs – 7 at 0 – White Sox (24-25)
(24-27) Phillies – 3 at 9 – Red Sox (32-20)
- Making an emergency start with Clay Buchholz sidelined, Red Sox SP Alfredo Aceves pitched six innings of one-run ball.
- Phillies SP Tyler Cloyd was lit up for six runs and nine hits in 2 1/3 innings.
- Red Sox 1B Mike Napoli homered, doubled and walked.
- Phillies 3B Michael Young turned in his fifth straight hitless game, going 0-for-5.
(30-20) Yankees – 1 at 2 – Mets (19-29)
(23-28) Angels – 7 at 8 – Dodgers (21-28)
- Angels DH Albert Pujols went 3-for-4 with two doubles, two runs scored and an RBI.
- Angels SP C.J. Wilson's run of impressive starts ended on Memorial Day, as he allowed six runs on nine hits over 4 2/3 innings.
- Dodgers 1B Adrian Gonzalez was perfect at the dish during a Memorial Day victory, going 4-for-4 with a pair of doubles and four RBI.
- Dodgers optioned SS Dee Gordon to Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Cubs placed RHP Kyuji Fujikawa on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm strain.
- Dodgers activated INF/OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Nationals will call up right-hander Nate Karns to start Tuesday against the Orioles.
- Cubs claimed RHP Alex Burnett off waivers from the Orioles.
- Nationals sent RHP Yunesky Maya outright to Triple-A Syracuse.
- Diamondbacks recalled LHP Tyler Skaggs from Triple-A Reno.
- Brewers signed RHP Clay Hensley to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Nashville.
- Padres optioned LHP Tom Layne to Triple-A Tuscon.
- Padres activated LHP Clayton Richard from the 15-day disabled list.
- Marlins recalled LHP Dan Jennings from Triple-A New Orleans.
- Marlins placed RHP Alex Sanabia on the 15-day disabled list with weakness in his right groin.
- Pirates purchased the contract of LHP Mike Zagurski from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Pirates recalled INF Josh Harrison from Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Pirates transferred RHP Jeff Karstens from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Pirates placed OF Jose Tabata on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique.
- Pirates optioned RHP Bryan Morris to Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Cardinals recalled RHP Victor Marte from Triple-A Memphis.
- Cardinals optioned RHP Carlos Martinez to Triple-A Memphis.
- Nationals recalled LHP Xavier Cedeno from Triple-A Syracuse.
- Giants transferred LHP Eric Surkamp from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Giants optioned RHP Sandy Rosario to Triple-A Fresno.
- Padres C Yasmani Grandal will be reinstated from his suspension and added to the Padres' roster on Tuesday.
- Mariners designated OF Francisco Martinez for assignment.
- Mariners recalled RHP Hector Noesi from Triple-A Tacoma.
- Mariners optioned LHP Lucas Luetge to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Mariners purchased the contract of INF Nick Franklin from Triple-A Tacoma.
- Mariners optioned 2B Dustin Ackley to Triple-A Tacoma.
- Indians recalled LHP Nick Hagadone from Triple-A Columbus.
- Indians placed RHP Chris Perez on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder injury.
- Twins recalled C Chris Herrmann from Triple-A Rochester.
- Rangers recalled LHP Martin Perez from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Astros SP Brad Peacock will be recalled prior to Tuesday's game.
- Yankees sent LHP Francisco Rondon outright to Double-A Trenton.
- Astros optioned OF Robbie Grossman to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Dodgers SP Josh Beckett (groin) has been temporarily shut down from his throwing program after he felt tingling in his fingers.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez (hamstring) has begun running the bases.
- An MRI taken Monday morning on Nationals OF Bryce Harper's left knee showed no structural damage.
- Nationals 2B Danny Espinosa (wrist) was able to take batting practice on Monday morning in Washington.
- Cardinals SP Jake Westbrook (elbow) was able to throw a bullpen session on Monday morning and has cancelled his Tuesday appointment with Dr. James Andrews.
- Marlins SP Nathan Eovaldi (shoulder) is expected to join the Marlins' starting rotation at some point this week.
- Cardinals SP John Gast will have his left shoulder examined by Dr. Lyndon Gross on Tuesday in St. Louis.
- Dodgers RP Scott Elbert (elbow) successfully pitched back-to-back days this weekend at Double-A Chattanooga.
- Dodgers 2B Nick Punto left Monday's game after the fifth inning with a stiff lower back.
- Diamondbacks OF Gerardo Parra has been diagnosed with a left calf cramp.
- An X-ray on Phillies OF Ben Revere's left elbow came back negative.
- Cubs 3B Steve Clevenger (oblique) has been playing in extended spring training games of late.
- Phillies 1B Ryan Howard admitted that his left knee malady will likely be an ongoing issue.
- Dodgers SP Stephen Fife (shoulder) will begin a rehab assignment with High-A Rancho Cucamonga on Tuesday.
- Brewers SP Kyle Lohse (elbow) is on track to start on Thursday after a successful bullpen session Monday.
- Yankees SP Michael Pineda (shoulder) is expected to stretch things out to around 60 or 70 pitches in a simulated game this week.
- Yankees SP Andy Pettitte (trapezius) is scheduled to throw a simulated game Tuesday.
- Twins assistant general manager Rob Antony said Monday that OF Oswaldo Arcia will have his right shoulder examined.
- X-rays on Orioles RP Tommy Hunter's right hand came back negative.
- Yankees RP Joba Chamberlain (oblique) said he'll be activated from the disabled list Tuesday.
- Red Sox SP Clay Buchholz (collarbone) played long toss on Monday afternoon and reported feeling "good."
- Rays SP David Price (triceps) played a short game of catch on Monday afternoon at Tropicana Field.
- Indians SP Brett Myers felt some right elbow crankiness following his latest minor league rehab start.
- Orioles RP Tommy Hunter (hand) expects to be available Tuesday.
- Blue Jays SP Ricky Romero allowed eight runs on five hits and three walks over just 2/3 of an inning in Monday's start at Triple-A Buffalo.
- Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie is considered day-to-day after leaving Monday's game with a left ankle sprain.
- Mariners SP Erasmo Ramirez will make his season debut at Double-A Jackson on Tuesday.
- Angels OF Peter Bourjos (hamstring) intensified his rehab running Monday, alternating jogging and sprinting.
Notes and Rumors: