Probable Pitchers for May 19, 2013
PITCHf/x cards of today's probable pitchers can be found here: BrooksBaseball.net Probable Pitchers
(25-18) Diamondbacks – 1 at 0 – Marlins (11-32)
- Cubs SP Scott Feldman fired 6 2/3 scoreless innings.
- Mets SP Jeremy Hefner was tagged with four runs in four innings.
- Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo went 2-for-4 with a solo homer and two runs scored.
- Mets OF Rick Ankiel went 2-for-4 with a two-run homer.
- Padres SP Eric Stults allowed just one earned run over 8 innings picking up his 4th win of the year.
- Nationals SP Jordan Zimmermann gave up just one earned run over 8 innings but still picked up a loss.
- Padres RP Huston Street picked up his 10th save of the year.
- Padres 1B Yonder Alonso hit his 5th homer of the season.
- Giants SP Tim Lincecum allowed six runs and seven hits over 5 innings while picking up the loss.
- Rockies SP Tyler Chatwood allowed one run and seven hits over 5.2 innings for the win.
- Rockies C Wilin Rosario hit his 9th homer of the season.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki went 4-for-5 with two RBI, and a run scored.
- Rockies OF Dexter Fowler went 3-for-5 with two RBI, three runs scored and a stolen base.
- Royals SP Ervin Santana notched another quality start spinning seven innings of two-run ball, striking out five and allowing four hits and three walks.
- Athletics SP Tommy Milone allowed just one earned run over 6 innings for the win.
- Athletics RP Grant Balfour earned his 8th save of the season.
- Athletics got RBI's from SS Jed Lowrie and 1B Brandon Moss.
- Royals DH Billy Butler went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
- Angels 1B Mark Trumbo slugged his 10th home run of the season.
- White Sox RP Hector Santiago lasted only 3 1/3 innings in a losing effort.
- Angels SP Joe Blanton gave up four earned runs and eleven hits over 4.1 innings in a no decision.
- Angels RP Ernesto Frieri picked up his 8th save of the year.
- White Sox C Hector Gimenez had a huge night going 4-for-5 with a homerun and 3 RBI.
- Indians 1B Mark Reynolds went 3-for-5 with a solo home run, an RBI single and a walk-off fielder's choice.
- Indians RP Chris Perez blew his second save of the season.
- Indians SP Zach McAllister turned in another strong outing, allowing two runs over 7 1/3 innings in a no-decision.
- Mariners SP Joe Saunders gave up four runs in 5 1/3 innings in a no-decision.
- Mariners OF Raul Ibanez's recent power surge continued, as he launched a solo homer.
- Rangers SS Elvis Andrus went 5-for-5 with two RBI and two stolen bases.
- Tigers SP Anibal Sanchez was rocked for six runs — five earned — in 2 2/3 innings.
- Rangers SP Justin Grimm went 6.2 innings with two earned runs and seven hits for his 3rd win of the year.
- Rangers 1B Mitch Moreland hit his 10th homer of the year.
- Twins SP Scott Diamond was hammered for six earned runs in 4 1/3 innings.
- Red Sox SP Ryan Dempster allowed five earned runs over 4 2/3 innings.
- Red Sox DH David Ortiz was 3-for-4 with two homers and six RBI.
- Twins SS Pedro Florimon went 2-for-5 with two RBI, a run scored and a stolen base.
- Red Sox OF Daniel Nava went 2-for-4 with a homer and three RBI.
- Red Sox C Ryan Lavarnway knocked in his first two runs of the year.
- Braves signed LHP Joe Beimel to a minor league contract.
- Padres activated OF Carlos Quentin from the paternity leave list.
- Padres optioned RHP Brad Brach to Triple-A Tucson.
- Marlins signed INF Gil Velazquez to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A New Orleans.
- Cardinals recalled RHP Mitchell Boggs from Triple-A Memphis.
- Cardinals placed LHP Jaime Garcia on the 15-day disabled list with a left shoulder strain.
- Rockies recalled RHP Tyler Chatwood from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Rockies optioned RHP Rob Scahill to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Braves recalled RHP Cory Rasmus from Triple-A Gwinnett.
- Braves placed LHP Eric O'Flaherty on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left elbow.
- Giants recalled RHP Jean Machi from Triple-A Fresno.
- Giants optioned 1B Brett Pill to Triple-A Fresno.
- Reds recalled 1B Neftali Soto from Triple-A Louisville.
- Reds optioned LHP Tony Cingrani to Triple-A Louisville.
- Rays recalled LHP Jeff Beliveau from Triple-A Durham.
- Orioles optioned INF Ryan Flaherty to Triple-A Norfolk.
- Athletics activated OF Chris Young from the 15-day disabled list.
- Athletics designated 1B Daric Barton for assignment.
- Blue Jays promoted prospect right-hander John Stilson to Triple-A Buffalo.
- Astros optioned INF Jacob Elmore to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
- Angels designated OF Scott Cousins for assignment.
- Angels claimed INF Chris Nelson off waivers from the Yankees.
- Orioles transferred 2B Brian Roberts from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.
- Orioles placed OF Nolan Reimold on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 12, with a right hamstring strain.
- Orioles recalled RHP Jake Arrieta from Triple-A Norfolk.
- Orioles optioned RHP Alex Burnett to Triple-A Norfolk.
- Orioles purchased the contract of RHP Jair Jurrjens from Triple-A Norfolk.
- White Sox recalled LHP Donnie Veal from Triple-A Charlotte.
- Yankees designated INF Alberto Gonzalez for assignment.
- Yankees acquired INF Reid Brignac from the Rockies for cash considerations.
- White Sox optioned RHP Deunte Heath to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Nationals OF Jayson Werth is going to Chicago to see another specialist regarding his tight right hamstring.
- Padres SP Cory Luebke (elbow) has had his throwing program stopped for the second time this year in his attempt to return from Tommy John surgery.
- An MRI taken Saturday on Braves RP Eric O'Flaherty's left arm revealed a torn ulnar collateral ligament.
- Phillies SP John Lannan (quad) threw a bullpen session on Saturday afternoon in Clearwater, Florida.
- Marlins OF Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring) could begin jogging sometime next week.
- Cubs SP Matt Garza (lat) will return from the disabled list to start Tuesday's game against the Pirates.
- Mets GM Sandy Alderson confirmed Friday that C Travis d'Arnaud (foot) should be ready to play in minor league games by the end of June.
- Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said that 3B Jerry Hairston Jr. (knee, groin) had "a little bit of a setback."
- Rays C Jose Molina said he was "OK" after Saturday's game after exiting due to left hamstring tightness.
- Blue Jays SP Josh Johnson (triceps) will begin a rehab assignment Monday with High-A Dunedin.
- Red Sox OF Jackie Bradley went 1-for-3 with a triple in his return from the disabled list Friday with Triple-A Pawtucket.
- Red Sox prospect SP Matt Barnes allowed three runs on five hits over six innings and had seven strikeouts in his start Friday with Double-A Portland.
- Angels RP Kevin Jepsen (triceps) is expected to begin a rehab assignment early next week.
- The New York Post confirms Yankees C Chris Stewart (groin) will not be placed on the disabled list.
Notes and Rumors:
- The Rays have officially announced that SP Jake Odorizzi will be Monday's starter against the Blue Jays.