Last week we kicked off another season of fantasy baseball coverage here at Baseball Prospectus. We rolled out all the usual highly anticipated products, such as PECOTA, PFM, and updated Depth Charts. And later in the week, Rob McQuown’s brainchild, the Scoresheet Draft Aid, made its appearance for a second season here at BP. But that wasn’t all. We also introduced our preseason positional rankings series and saw debut articles from two new fantasy writers here at Baseball Prospectus. It was a good start to the new season, but it was just that, a start.
In 2013 we plan to expand and enhance our fantasy coverage to include a number of new writers, guests, and features. Jason Collette, Paul Sporer, Josh Shepardson, Rob McQuown, and Paul Singman all return to the team from last year, while Mike Gianella and Bret Sayre begin their first year at BP, bringing plenty of fantasy baseball experience with them.
The master blueprint has already been constructed, but there will be plenty of surprises along the way as well. And since our goal isn’t to leave everyone guessing, here are a few things you can expect this year from the fantasy staff at Baseball Prospectus:
- Weekly NFBC ADP Data courtesy of Stats, Inc.
- Top fantasy prospects by position with individual analysis
- Positional breakdown by tiers (30-40 deep)
- Weekly player dollar valuations
- Players to watch in spring training
- Top 100 Dynasty prospects list
- Top 50 fantasy prospects for 2013
- Weekly starting pitcher planner
- Bullpen/closer reports
- In-season risers and fallers
- Value picks
- Call-up analysis of top minor-league talents
- Regular staff chats
- Guest chats with industry experts such as Cory Schwartz
- Regular Q&A sessions on Twitter with the BP fantasy staff
- Industry roundtables
- Coverage of all the major industry leagues, such as Tout and LABR
- Expanded Scoresheet and simulation game (Strat-O-Matic, Dynasty, etc.) coverage
Hopefully that gives you a taste of what to expect this season and whets your appetite enough to return to the site on a regular basis. To purchase a Fantasy subscription to Baseball Prospectus, click here. To purchase a Premium subscription that provides access to all of our non-fantasy content, click here. You can read more about what our Fantasy and Premium subscriptions offer on our Subscriptions page.
We’re determined to bring you the best coverage possible this year, and our staff is excited to jump right in. As usual, if there’s something you’d like to see, please let us know. We can’t promise to deliver everything, but we’ll do our best to try.
Now, get back to your drafts!