Our friends in Arlington asked if we could share this job opening with our readers. Please follow the link at the bottom to apply if you're interested. Tell them Baseball Prospectus sent you. Good luck!
|Title||IT Customer Service Specialist|
The primary role of this position is to provide superlative customer service and user support to internal customers on company supported computer applications and platforms. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and communication in addition to basic technical knowledge; responsible for a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the business units. Essential to this role is the ability to demonstrate energy and charisma to customers and the competency to listen and question effectively, interpret and solve problems, provide technical support and keep track of problems and resolutions. Solving problems with enthusiasm, patience, and a genuine sense of urgency is critical for this position. Design and document workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. This position will develop into a Project Lead role and will direct a number of key projects for the department and company. Ultimately, with development and training, the professional in this role will design and document business workflows and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness of the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree in analytics or business highly desirable. Computer technology or related degree is NOT required.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business office environment.
• Prior experience and demonstrated success in a customer service or business analytics role.
• Familiarity or basic knowledge of Microsoft based products including Windows (XP, 7, 8) and Microsoft Office. Certifications desirable, but not required.
• Basic understanding of Internet core technologies such as Internet Protocol, DHCP, DNS, and Routing. Certifications desirable, but not required.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to organize, coordinate, and direct users and teams.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
• Ability and desire to offer “out-of-the-box” solutions and innovative ideas.
• Initiative and a genuine desire to learn and excel.
• Works well in a small-group environment and values the concept of teamwork.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now