Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Kevin Cowherd of the Baltimore Sun writes that the Orioles' anger at the Red Sox hasn't cooled.
- Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press writes that Jim Leyland's gutinstincts pay off in a much-needed win.
- Tom Gage of the Detroit News writes that the Tigers say they are looking for a pitcher.
- Paul Dougherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes about a big-time save for Francisco Cordero.
- Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that the Pirates are reveling in the thrills of a division race.
- Woody Paige of the Denver Post writes that the talented Bob Uecker laughs last.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that the Cardinals need a new approach for Colby Rasmus.
- David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Derek Lowe acknowledges that a trade is a possibility.
- Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post writes that Ubaldo Jimenez is eager to stay with the Rockies.
- Dave Krieger of the Denver Post writes that a Jimenez trade would have to be a blockbuster.
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star writes that Wilson Betemit is content to wait and see as trade rumors swirl.
- Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that the Pirates are considering the acquisition of pricey rental players.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now