Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Greg Cote of the Miami Herald writes that Roger Clemens won't come out on the right side of any verdict in his perjury trial.
- Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle writes that Clemens' trial will waste time and money.
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Albert Pujols' return from a broken wrist a month ahead of schedule tells us plenty.
- Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times writes that the last-place Dodgers are just taking up space and there's nothing Ned Colletti can do about it.
- Gene Collier of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that the Pirates' problems are hardly problems.
- Karen Price of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that the Pirates are beginning discussions to see who they might be able to acquire at the trade deadline.
- Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that the Mets are shopping relievers Francisco Rodriguez, Jason Isringhausen and Tim Byrdak.
- Sheldon Ocker of the Akron Beacon Journal writes that Chris Antonetti is mum about the Indians' need for an outfielder.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now