Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post Dispatch writes that Albert Pujols pushes to play right now.
- Tyler Kepner of the New York Times writes that Derek Jeter is back but he's not the same.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that an aging Jeter must reaffirm his value to the Yankees.
- Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that the White Sox must find a way to play better against the rest of the American League Central.
- Gary Shelton of the St. Petersburg Times writes that the Rays had a surprisingly strong first half of the season.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle writes that good times never seemed so far away for the Astros.
- Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times writes that Ichiro Suzuki, the mortal, will try to answer questions in the second half.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that honor is nice but the Phillies can do without the All-Star Game.
- Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe writes that John Lackey's numbers become numbing.
- Nick Underhill of the Springfield Republican wonders if Adrian Gonzalez's power may be hurt by Fenway Park.
- Your truly writes for the Beaver County Times that it was a happy fourth sellout in a row on the Fourth of July at PNC Park.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now