Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that Derek Holland's poor performance leaves the door open for the Rangers to put Scott Feldman into the rotation.
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes that Prince Fielder could really cash in if he wins the National League MVP award.
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that Davey Johnson adds immediate confidence to the Nationals.
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times makes his picks for which players deserve to go to the All-Star Game.
- Phil Mushnick of the New York Post writes that it wasn't always a holiday with George Steinbrenner, the FBI informant.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now