Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune writes that Juan Pierre is under fire but he's underrated.
- Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Aramis Ramirez and Jeff Baker try to ignore trade rumors.
- La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the Twins wait out a long rain delay and top the Brewers to win their third in a row.
- Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times writes that Hiroki Kuroda shuts down the Angels.
- Matt Stevens of the Los Angeles Times writes that Dee Gordon's chances of staying with the Dodgers are looking pretty slim.
- Steve Kroner of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Rich Harden makes a victorious return to the Athletics.
- Mason Kelley of the Seattle Times writes that the Mariners' offense busts loose in a win over the Padres.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that Ivan Nova is a young and improving pitcher but could get bumped for the rotation for Phil Hughes.