Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post writes that CC Sabathia's opt-out clause could make the offseason interesting.
- Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post writes that the New York rivals roll into the Subway Series but the Mets need a triumph more.
- Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News writes that Jose Reyes is playing like an MVP and is the biggest reason the Mets are winning again.
- Tyler Kepner of the New York Times writes that the Theo Epstein and Adrian Gonzalez knew they were a good fit all along.
- Sam Donnellon of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that their series finale shows that both the Phillies and Red Sox have needs.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that Cliff Lee's June was as hot as the Texas weather he escaped.
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that the Nationals have finally achieved "normal."
- Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post writes that the Rockies are running out of time to get on a run.
- Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that the Padres should go back in time for their new uniforms.
- Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that July could be a key month for the Braves.
- Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Kerry Wood says he doubts he will leave the Cubs.
- La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune wonders if the Twins should buy or sell.
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star writes that the Royals are in position to listen to trade offers.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now