Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times writes that Frank McCourt has nothing and the Dodgers haveit all.
- Katie Thomas of the New York Times writes that the Dodgers increase their tension with Bud Selig by filing for bankruptcy.
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that Davey Johnson is certain to take the Nationals on a wild ride.
- Greg Cote of the Miami Herald writes that Marlins facts are stranger than fiction.
- Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that Mike McKenry is filling a hole admirably for the Pirates.
- Yours truly writes for the Beaver County Times that Pirates' fans should proceed with caution before anointing Alex Presley an offensive savior.
- Bill Livingston of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that this is no time for the Indians to sit tight when a fading season calls for action.
- Dave Feschuck of the Toronto Star writes that Jose Bautista can't move to third base fast enough.
- Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that the Reds are expert at average.
- Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News writes that it's another chance for Barry Zito.
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that HBO gives Curt Flood an overdue tribute.
- Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Adam Wainwright fights to get back quickly.
- Tyler Kepner of the New York Times writes that Ryan Braun and the Brewers arrive together.
- Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News writes that Cecil Fielder thinks the Mets could have a chance at signing his son Prince when he hits free agency.
- Mike Puma of the New York Post writes that the clock is ticking on Carlos Beltran and Francisco Rodriguez.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that the Yankees may pay the price for arms as the race with the Red Sox heats up.
- Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News writes that Brian Cashman says he doesn't plan to talk to the Yankees about a new deal until his contract expires at the end of the season.
- Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post writes that the Rockies are targeting help at second base.
- Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune writes that Mike Quade doesn't let Starlin Castro off the hook for his lack of hustle.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now