Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Jennifer Engel Floyd of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that the Rangers bullpen should take after Dirk Nowitzki.
- Jason Reid of the Washington Post writes that Jim Riggleman's departure from the Nationals was inevitable, just sooner than expected.
- Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post writes that Davey Johnson is expected to be named the Nationals' next manager.
- Tyler Kepner of the New York Times writes that there's no quitting in managing.
- Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune wonders if Ozzie Guillen would pull a Jim Riggleman and quit the White Sox.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post writes that the Yankees are hoping for brighter skies.
- Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times writes that Rafael Furcal might come back as a second baseman.
- Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that the Cubs are in no hurry to purge salary with the team playing better.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wonders if Fernando Salas is the answer as the Cardinals' closer.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now