Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that Jim Riggleman proves he wasn't the man to manage the Nationals.
- Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that the Rangers should hang up the help wanted sign.
- Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times looks at why the National League strikes out in interleague play.
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times looks at what the near future may hold in store for Frank McCourt.
- Lynn Henning of the Detroit News writes that the same old Kirk Gibson returns to Detroit in a new role.
- Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune wonders if it's time for the Padres to wheel and deal.
- Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News writes that Francisco Rodriguez is open to setting up for Mariano Rivera in the Yankees' bullpen and along with Sean Brennan writes that Jose Reyes is unfazed by Brian Cashman saying the Yankees don't want him as a successor to Derek Jeter.
- La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the Twins will look at helping the bullpen.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now