Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Albert Pujols is the center of the baseball universe now more than ever.
- Rick Telander of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that realignment could be the solution to all the Cubs' problems.
- Kevin Sherrington of the Dallas Morning News (via the Boston Herald) writes that the American League and National League must be unlinked.
- Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that interleague play is good for baseball, like it or not.
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes that Frank McCourt hits back at the Dodgers.
- Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times writes that the reality of a trip to Dodger Stadium is surreal.
- Linda Robertson of the Miami Herald writes that Jack McKeon adds spark the Marlins sorely need.
- Gene Collier of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that a burst of hits is appropriate for Andrew McCutchen but bunts are not.
- Bob Smizik of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that the day that Daniel Moskos was drafted instead of Matt Wieters was one of infamy for the Pirates.
- Monte Poole of the Oakland Tribune writes that it's time for the Athletics and the Giants to make a deal.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that Alcides Escobar is quickly becoming one of the American League's best shortstop.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now