Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that the Marlins bringing back Jack McKeon isn't as crazy as it sounds.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Albert Pujols' injury gives the Cardinals and their fans quite a scare.
- Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that it's time for the Braves to start hitting the mark–and the ball.
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that it's time for baseball to realign.
- Don Norcross of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Michael Rizzo's potential has Padres' fans excited.
- Tim Smith of the New York Daily News writes that the potential of the Mets trading Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran and Francisco Rodriguez casts a dark cloud over Citi Field.
- Ken Fidlin of the Toronto Sun writes that Alex Anthopoulos is irked by a false report claiming the Blue Jays had a pre-draft deal with first-round pick Tyler Beede.