Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that the Yankees playing the Cubs at Wrigley Field makes for a special moment from another era.
- Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the fans soon forget the agonizing absence of Joe Mauer.
- Linda Robertson of the Miami Herald writes that the Marlins are at a loss to explain their June nosedive.
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald writes that the Red Sox are firing on all cylinders.
- Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that the return of Mark Ellis will force a tough decision for the Athletics.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now