Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Greg Cote of the Miami Herald writes that better days are ahead for the Marlins and South Florids sports.
- Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star writes that Major League Baseball's realignment proposal could pose problems for the Royals.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that Lenny Dykstra is still fighting as the jail walls close in on him.
- Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times writes that the Mariners' youth movement is not hurting their contender status.
- John Romano of the St. Petersburg Times writes that the Rays' plunking of Kevin Youkilis was necessary.
- Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that if the Mets make a Carlos Beltran trade that the Phillies could be a fit.
- Dan Martin of the New York Post writes that Sandy Alderson says the Mets could keep their stars at the deadline.
- Mark Hale of the New York Post writes that C.J. Wilson could be an off-season target for the Yankees.
- John Shipley of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that the Twins could become sellers if they are not in contention at the deadline.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that there is no runaway team in the National League Central.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now