Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes that Major League Baseball is expanding its investigation into the Dodgers.
- Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune writes that Tom Ricketts gives his backing to the Cubs' management team.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle writes that Bud Norris takes hopeful steps toward stardom.
- Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that the best pitching staff in the business is now working at Turner Field.
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Ron Gardenhire wants the Twins to still run.
- Joe Starkey of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that the Pirates should ask to move to the American League.
- Monte Poole of the Oakland Tribune wonders if Bob Melvin represents a change in Billy Beane's managerial philosophy.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now