Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune writes that there's new faith in the Twins and it starts on the ground floor.
- Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times writes that Ichiro Suzuki needs to accept a new role with the Mariners.
- Kevin Cowherd of the Baltimore Sun writes that a brutal outing from Brian Matusz has to concern the Orioles.
- Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes that the Brewers sweep the Cardinals to take the National League Central lead for the first time in two years.
- Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times writes that Casey Blake and Juan Uribe sit out but for different reasons.
- Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune writes that the climb continues for the White Sox.
- Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that Chris Antonetti is waiting for his team to play better before deciding on trade moves.
- Nathan Fenno of the Washington Times writes that Livan Hernandez is suspected of being a straw buyer for Puerto Rican drug traffickers.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that Neal Huntington will get a deserved contract extension.