Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that the Yankees' beanball frustrations come to a head against the Indians rather than the Red Sox.
- Art Stapleton of the Bergen Record writes that Joe Girardi's men stay the course and refuse to panic.
- Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News writes that the Mets are playing good baseball and Terry Collins is a big reason why.
- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that baseball needs a better plan for the supplemental round of the draft.
- Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Negro League players remind us about the potential baseball stole.
- Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Pablo Sandoval might need to find his catching gear.
- Baxter Holmes of the Los Angeles Times writes that Scott Kazmir's latest rough outing might be his last with the Angels.