Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune writes that Wrigley Field would feel like home for Trevor Gretzky.
- Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Anthony Rizzo's promotion is a gamble the struggling Padres had to take.
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that Bryce Harper gives no reason to worry and Anthony Rendon hopefully doesn't, either.
- John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes that the red-hot Red Sox look set to run away.
- Tony Paul of the Detroit News writes that John Wockenfuss doesn’t like catchers' "dead meat" situations.
- Dan Connelly of the Baltimore Sun writes that the Pirates may look to trade for Jake Fox, who was designated for assignment by the Orioles.
- John Harris of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes about a Rockies' draft pick deciding to go to college rather than sign a professional contract.