Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Rick Telander of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Oney Guillen's veiled accusation of racism against the White Sox is just stupid.
- Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle writes that Astros top draft pick George Springer can do flips and much more.
- Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star writes that the Blue Jays go big on young arms under an innovative draft strategy.
- Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that draft history indicates that the Padres' picks are in trouble.
- Monte Poole of the Oakland Tribune writes that the Athletics look busted beyond repair.
- Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times writes that Mike Carp did what was needed to get the call from the Mariners.
- Gene Collier of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that the Pirates are becoming late-night rock stars.
- Mark Hale of the New York Post writes that Mike Cameron thinks Jose Reyes would be a good fit with the Red Sox.
- Ira Kaufman of the Tampa Tribune writes that Stuart Sternberg says the Rays can't sustain themselves with dwindling attendance.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now