Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that like many before him, David Wright played through his back injury and is seemingly paying the price.
- Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Adam Dunn needs to become a bad dude.
- Your truly writes for the Beaver County Times that the Pirates should take Anthony Rendon with the first pick.
- Karen Price of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that there are plenty of options for the Pirates at No. 1.
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times writes that Rendon could be the choice of the Mariners with the No. 2 pick in the draft.
- Kevin Cowherd of the Baltimore Sun writes that Buck Showalter isn't a savior but has changed the culture of the Orioles.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Albert Pujols flashed his old form on Saturday.