Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune writes that it's not time for the Cubs to wait till next year.
- Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press writes that the Twins are not just dead, they're really dead.
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Justin Morneau is confident his play will improve.
- Martin Fennelly of the Tampa Tribune writes that the Rays catchers are bringing little to the table.
- Monte Poole of the Oakland Tribune writes that the Athletics' owners are detached and oblivious to the fans' wants and needs.
- Your truly writes for the Beaver County Times that the Pirates have a difficult decision with the No. 1 pick in the first-year player draft.