Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times writes that Ken Williams' silence fuels speculation that Ozzie Guillen is on the chopping block.
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that the Cardinals get it done somehow, some way.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that the Royals have to find a fix for broken Joakim Soria.
- John Romano of the St. Petersburg Times writes that the second start was better for Alex Cobb.
- Cathal Kelly of the Toronto Star writes the Blue Jays go tweet, tweet on Twitter.
- Robert McLeod of the Toronto Globe and Mail writes that the Blue Jays are eying a call up for Brett Lawrie.
- Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that the Indians' laboring offense could get a spark form Cord Phelps.
- John Harper of theNew York Daily News writes that Sandy Alderson's task of rebuilding the Mets could mean deciding between Jose Reyes and David Wright.
- John McGrath of the Olympian writes that trades can produce long-term losses.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now