Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that Don Mattingly, James Loney and the rest of the Dodgers are beyond his help.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle writes that Astros owner-in-waiting Jim Crane's new venture is full of curveballs.
- Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star writes that the Indians are turning heads with their hot start.
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that Danny Espinosa is emerging as a top talent for the Nationals.
- Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post writes that Mike Rizzo won't trade Ivan Rodriguez for a quick fix.
- Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times writes that Brendan Ryan lets the hustle and blood flow.
- Steve Serby of the New York Post writes that re-singing Jose Reyes must be job one for the Mets.
- Yours truly writes for the Beaver County Times that Ryan Doumit has increased his trade value.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now