Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Kevin Cowherd of the Baltimore Sun writes that it's time to apologize for doubting Matt Wieters.
- Bill Madden of the New York Daily News writes that the Mets must make a serious attempt to re-sign Jose Reyes, trade him or explain to fans why not.
- Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post writes that the Mets can smile after a week of tumult.
- Steve Popper of the Bergen Record writes that Francisco Rodriguez also joins the Mets' trade group.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle writes that Mark Melancon's trip to the big leagues started rough.
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Trevor Plouffe needs to start making plays in order to stop the questions.
- John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Buster Posey turns his focus to 2012 after surgery.
- Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press writes that the Tigers are still in the hunt with their balanced lineup.
- Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that keeping Anthony Rizzo in Tucson today will pay off for the Padres tomorrow.