Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that with the Bernie Madoff mess coming on Fred Wilpon's watch, the Mets need David Einhorn and his cash to compete in New York.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News wonders if Wilpon could be right about Jose Reyes not getting a Carl Crawford contract.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post writes that Einhorn got a first-hand view of Reyes' worth Saturday night.
- Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News writes that Yankees fans can dream about Felix Hernandez in pinstripes but it won't happen anytime soon.
- Dave Krieger of the Denver Post writes about the Rockies' offense coming alive.
- Phil Wood of the Washington Examiner wonders if Pudge Rodriguez will fill the hole the Giants have at catcher.
- Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that Buster Posey's broken leg doesn't mean baseball should change its rules.
- Yours truly writes for the Beaver County Times that Ronny Cedeno is suddenly stout on defense for the Pirates.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now