Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald writes that home plate collisions are an unavoidable danger.
- Monte Poole of the Oakland Tribune writes that evidence is mounting against Bob Geren.
- Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press writes that pressure and the economy contributed to Scott Sizemore being traded by the Tigers.
- Tim Smith of the New York Daily News writes that the Mets are far away from the promise of 2006.
- Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News writes that the storm that did serious damage to Tuscaloosa hit home to David Robertson.