Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News writes that Buster Posey and the Giants pay for a split-second decision by Scott Cousins.
- Jorge L. Ortiz of USA Today writes that in the Posey injury aftermath that the Giants are punchless and a catching debate simmers.
- Andy Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News writes that Bengie Molina would come back to the Giants but doesn't think they'll ask.
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune breaks down the reasons why the Twins are breaking down.
- Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution wonders if the Braves are affected by the transition from Bobby Cox to Fredi Gonzalez.
- Jason Reid of the Washington Post writes that Jayson Werth needs to think before he talks.
- Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald writes that Carl Crawford's surge is a real three-for-all.
- Art Stapleton of the Bergen Record writes that Eduardo Nunez could replace Derek Jeter one day or get traded.
- Our own Neil deMause writes for the Village Voice that new Mets co-owner David Einhorn destroyed the world economy and is a Brewers fan.
- Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wonders if the Indians will become buyers or sellers at the trading deadline.
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times writes that the Mariners' young talent is beginning to blossom sooner than expected.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now