Interesting stories from across North America:
- Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that the Braves are neither hitting nor reaching base.
- Gwen Knapp of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Brian Fuentes put into words what many think about Bob Geren.
- John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Geren is under the spotlight now.
- Jim Souhan of the Minnesapolis Star Tribune writes that Kevin Slowey and the Twins both slipped up.
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that Joe Girardi has to think event coordinating when it comes to Derek Jeter's 3,00th hit.
- Tara Sullivan of the Bergen Record wonders what Yankees might be expendable.
- Craig Lyndall writes for the Cleveland Plain Dealer that CC Sabatahia could opt out of his lucrative contract.
- Mike Puma of the New York Post writes that Fred Wilpon warns of a payroll purge for the Mets.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now