Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel believes a sweep of the Rockies could be the start of something big for the Brewers.
- Thomas Boswell of the Washington Post writes that trying times will test Jim Riggleman's hold on the Nationals' clubhouse.
- Bud Shaw of the Cleveland Plain Dealer writes that Asdrubal Cabrera's emergence as a star lights the way for the Indians.
- Paul White of USA Today writes that Jose Bautista is having an MVP-like season.
- Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer tells Phillies' fans to be patient.
- La Velle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the Twins give hints that they will trade left-hander Kevin Slowey.
- Chip Bailey of the Houston Chronicle gives five reasons why the Astros should say no to a Hunter Pence trade.
- Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that the Rangers are interested in trading for Joel Hanrahan.