Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Harmon Killebrew made himself into a fabulous power hitter.
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that an era passes with the loss of a graceful giant.
- Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Killebrew put Minnesota on the baseball map in 1965.
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that James Loney is his latest reclamation project.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that the Royals are speeding up the future.
- Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Brian McCann saves the day for the Braves, who are in position to make a move.
- Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that the Padres must carry their hitting momentum back to Petco Park.
- Joe Henderson of the Tampa Tribune writes that Tampa's mayor believes his city is the best spot for a new Rays' stadium.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that Alex Rodriguez is very concerned about his hip but hitting two home runs seemed to ease his mind.