Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Harmon Killebrew made himself into a fabulous power hitter.
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that an era passes with the loss of a graceful giant.
- Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Killebrew put Minnesota on the baseball map in 1965.
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that James Loney is his latest reclamation project.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that the Royals are speeding up the future.
- Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that Brian McCann saves the day for the Braves, who are in position to make a move.
- Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that the Padres must carry their hitting momentum back to Petco Park.
- Joe Henderson of the Tampa Tribune writes that Tampa's mayor believes his city is the best spot for a new Rays' stadium.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that Alex Rodriguez is very concerned about his hip but hitting two home runs seemed to ease his mind.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now