Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Tyler Kepner of the New York Times writes that the Yankees make a point in getting their stars to backpedal.
- Bill Madden of the New York Daily News writes that hostilities between Jorge Posada, Derek Jeter, Brian Cashman and the Yankees' front office are not going away and also that Posada told Cashman he wanted out but denies refusing to catch in spring training.
- Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star writes that Jose Bautista has become baseball's best hitter.
- Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press that the Tigers' winning streak ended with a lot of long fly outs.
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that six weeks of slop by the Twins brings blame and concern.
- John Shipley of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that Bill Smith says it's too early to talk about blowing up the Twins.
- Yours truly writes for the Beaver County Times that not pitching, but moaning, pays off for Scott Olsen.