Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes that the Brewers' young arms show promise.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that attendance numbers present a dilemma for the Royals.
- Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that Tim Lincecum and Juan Marichal are two one-of-a-kind pitchers.
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times writes that the Mariners can't get it right in left field.
- Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post writes about the craziest games in Yankees-Mets history.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that real life once more intrudes on the fantasy world of baseball.
- Dan Bickley of the Arizona Republic writes that Harmon Killebrew is a giant among men.
- Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes that Clint Hurdle trusts his gut to make decisions.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now