Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Jim Souhan of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Harmon Killebrew's caring nature shows even when he needs sympathy.
- Tim Smith of the New York Daily News writes that the Red Sox could get a lift with wins over the Yankees.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that the Yankees have been hacking with their bats lacking.
- Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post wonders if the Mets can afford to deal Carlos Beltran to the Yankees.
- Jerome Solomon of the Houston Chronicle writes that new owners won't excite Astros' fans like wins will.
- Irv Moss of the Denver Post writes that Greg Reynolds has found his way back on the Rockies' radar.
- Doug Roberson of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes about the different paths two men have taken to Sunday's Civil Rights Game in Atlanta.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Ryan Theriot is a good guy who made a poor choice of words.
- Scott Stinson of the National Post writes about bridging baseball's great statistical divide.