Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Joe Henderson of the Tampa Tribune writes that the Rays' formula is the same as it ever was.
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the Twins have slipped, by any comparison.
- Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wonders if the Cubs really want to sign Albert Pujols.
- Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that Clint Hurdle delivers his first "wow" moment as Pirates' manager.
- Steve Politi of the Newark Star-Ledger writes that there is trouble in the Bronx as the Yankees-Red Sox showdown looms.
- Michael O'Keefe of the New York Daily News writes that Bud Selig is confident the Mets and owner Fred Wilpon will find the right buyer.
- Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star writes that agent Scott Boras spikes any hope of Eric Hosmer agreeing to a quick multi-year deal with the Royals.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now