Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Francisco Liriano's confidence swells after a no-hitter.
- Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that Neil Walker is a joy to watch.
- Bill Conlin of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that the Chase Utley's first game in extended spring training was just a day of batting practice.
- Bill Madden of the New York Daily News writes that neither the Mets nor the Dodgers are strong teams but there is still hope for them in the weak National League.
- Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that a frustrated Albert Pujols is being tested.
- Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post writes that Jim Tracy says it's time for Ian Stewart to "fish or cut bait."
- Jim Breen for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes about Yovani Gallardo, Chris Narveson and the Brewers bats.