Top stories from newspapers across the United States:
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that promoting Eric Hosmer could be costly for the Royals in the future.
- Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News writes that there is no need for the Giants to hit the panic button.
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that Don Mattingly is again the right guy in the wrong spot in dealing with the Frank McCourt drama.
- Tim Bontemps of the New York Post writes that Mets prospect Brad Holt is back on track.
- Lynn Henning of the Detroit News writes that David Wright is a trade option if the Tigers continue to struggle.
- Vikki Ortiz Healy of the Chicago Tribune writes that the rookie Cubs public address announcer took a strange path to Wrigley Field.
- Jim Ingraham of the Lake County Morning Journal writes that it's been a month of greatness for the entire Indians organization.
- Brian McPherson of the Providence Journal writes that there are some pleasant surprises among the Red Sox' statistics.