Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that Albert Pujols is keeping a positive outlook.
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times writes there are reasons to think the Mariners can sustain their upswing.
- Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that the Padres have given their faithful little hope for improvement.
- Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that the Twins simply lack better players.
- Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post writes that Andre Ethier's streak jolts memories of Joe DiMaggio's greatness.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today writes that Major League Baseball and the union are talking about creating an alcohol policy.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that being a famous athlete doesn't make you an expert.
- Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe writes about the National Anthem and showing respect.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now