Interesting stories from newspapers across the United States:
- Kelsie Smith of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that Francisco Liriano's no-hitter gives the Twins a big lift.
- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that getting no-hit is another indication that the White Sox need a shakeup and also looks at history, Liriano and Curtis Granderson.
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that if the Mets decided to trade Jose Reyes, the Giants would be smart to pursue him.
- Teri Thompson and Michael O'Keefe of the New York Daily News writes that investors interesting in buying a minority share of the Mets think the club can turn things around quickly.
- Ben Shpigel of the New York Times writes that Derek Jeter has a powerless start while under the microscope.
- Bryan Burwell of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that the Cardinals are hanging tough but need Albert Pujols to get hot soon.
- Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that Orioles fans are still unsure how to feel.
- John Smallwood of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that Cole Hamels triples his fun when he is at the plate.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that the Phillies have boosted their Latin grade.
- Matthew Futterman of the Wall Street Journal writes that a cash crunch won't rush Dodgers monitor Tom Schieffer.
- Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post writes that the Nationals' offense is bad but it's going to get better.
- Ian Casselberry writes for Booth Newspapers that Will Rhymes is taking on the trolls.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now