Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Michael Rosenberg of theDetroit Free Press writes that sports helped the United States cope after the 9/11 tragedy.
- Bill Madden of the New York Daily News writes that Bobby Valentine applauds Osama bin Laden's sea burial, saying it will keep people from worshipping the "prick."
- Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News writes the fans and the media are on the verge of a mutiny against Derek Jeter.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post writes that die-hard Mets' dreamers may need to face hard facts.
- Cam Inman of the Oakland Tribune writes that Hideki Matsui finally makes an impact for the Athletics.
- Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star writes that John Farrell's Blue Jay plan takes shape one month into the season.
- Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that there are no horses down on the farm for the Twins.
- Frank Fitzpatrick of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that Jayson Werth deflects talk of his return to Citizens Bank Park.
- Gwen Knapp of the San Francisco Chronicle writes that a fan says Roger McDowell ruined his day with his kids at AT&T Park.