Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that Frank McCourt is suddenly The Great Communicator.
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes about Jamie McCourt's role in the Dodgers' controversy.
- Derrick Gould of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that a hot April usually means a big season for Lance Berkman.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today writes that the Tigers, Indians, Pirates and Reds are fighting population loss in the Rust Belt.
- Bill Conlin of the Philadelphia Daily News writes about warming up to the new order of the Phillies' bullpen.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that the Phillies' scoring slump is the dearth of a new era.
- David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal writes that there are no answers for Raul Ibanez's struggles.
- Mitch Abramson of the New York Daily News writes that Curtis Granderson donated $50,000 worth of equipment to South Bronx baseball and softball teams.
- Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that Sandy Alderson has shown no fear when it comes to making roster moves to improve the team.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now