Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that Frank McCourt is suddenly The Great Communicator.
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes about Jamie McCourt's role in the Dodgers' controversy.
- Derrick Gould of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that a hot April usually means a big season for Lance Berkman.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today writes that the Tigers, Indians, Pirates and Reds are fighting population loss in the Rust Belt.
- Bill Conlin of the Philadelphia Daily News writes about warming up to the new order of the Phillies' bullpen.
- Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News writes that the Phillies' scoring slump is the dearth of a new era.
- David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal writes that there are no answers for Raul Ibanez's struggles.
- Mitch Abramson of the New York Daily News writes that Curtis Granderson donated $50,000 worth of equipment to South Bronx baseball and softball teams.
- Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that Sandy Alderson has shown no fear when it comes to making roster moves to improve the team.