Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes that Frank McCourt says Bud Selig has a "predetermined" agenda to force him from ownership of the Dodgers.
- Tom Hoffarth of the Los Angeles Daily News writes that there is a new Schieffer in town as Tom Schieffer takes as the MLB-appointed overseer of the Dodgers.
- Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune writes that the Rockies are built on a strong foundation.
- Kevin Kernan of the New York Post writes that Rafael Soriano has some more learning to do.
- Steve Buckley of the Boston Herald writes that an explosive fourth inning sunk Josh Beckett.
- Yours truly writes for the Beaver County Times that Ryan Vogelsong has come full circle.
- Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News writes that the Braves and MLB must act after Roger McDowell's alleged incident with a fan at AT&T Park.
- David Waldstein of the New York Times writes that Daniel Murphy says the Mets are shooting for 100 victories.
- Kathryn Rem of the Springfield State Journal-Register writes about Marlins co-owner Julie Loria's book that highlights the culinary skills of major-league players.