Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- John Harper of the New York Daily News writes that the Yankees need Ivan Nova's starting more than Rafael Soriano in the bullpen after Phil Hughes' injury.
- Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record writes that the Yankees are facing a mound of trouble with their pitching.
- Frank Fitzpatrick of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes that it's only April but troublesome signs abound for the Phillies.
- Wayne Coffey of the New York Daily News writes that Jason Isringhausen is making a major, and unlikely, contribution to the Mets' bullpen as their eighth-inning reliever.
- Andy Martino of the New York Daily News writes that the Mets visited battle victims at Walter Reed Army Center while avoiding the drama of last year.
- Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle writes that Lance Berkman returned to Houston with a renewed career and a sense of responsibility.
- Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe writes that Jason Varitek has his life back together after being receptive to counseling.
- Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post writes how the Nationals have gone from fireworks to a submarine horn.
- Jim Ingrahm of the Lake County News-Herald writes that Shin-Soo Choo and Jack Hannahan starred as the Indians hit five homers to beat the Royals and end their three-game losing streak.