Interesting stories from newspapers across North America:
- Tim Sullivan of the San Diego Union-Tribune writes that it's hard for the Padres to keep hot Anthony Rizzo down on the farm.
- Tim Bontemps of the New York Post writes that Yankees prospect Andrew Brackman is overcoming his early struggles.
- John Tomase of the Boston Herald writes that Jon Lester gives the Red Sox some relief.
- Can Inman of the Contra Costa Times writes that Tim Lincecum blasts the idea of playoff expansion.
- Dave Perkins of the Toronto Star writes that leagues are owning up to dodgy situations.
- Tyler Kepner of the New York Times writes that the Mets refuse to give in to the dark side.
- Neil Paine of the New York Times writes that the Mets are getting little bang for their bucks.
- Bill Pennington of the New York Times writes that St. Cloud State second baseman Kent Koch has taken the reins of his hometown.