Interesting stories from newspapers across the nation:
- Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that the Rangers' pitching depth is hurting.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star writes that the Royals pile up the comebacks as chemistry builds.
- Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes that Ryan Braun's deal might price out Prince Fielder.
- Martin Fennelly of the Tampa Tribune writes that the Rays haven't let the season get away during a wild month.
- Julio Ojeda-Zapata of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes that the Twins' wi-fi at Target Field is playing hard to get but give it time.
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today writes that Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti can still win despite Major League Baseball's takeover.
- T.J. Simers of the Los Angeles Times writes that the unexpected Dodgers' takeover by MLB is shockingly good news.
- Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe writes that the Red Sox's flexible approach to their lineup isn't a sign of strength.
- Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times writes that Maicer Izturis fumes over being given the fragile tag.
- John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer writes that Dusty Baker was proud of Mike Leake's winning performance.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic writes that the Diamondbacks are battling road demons.
Thank you for reading
This is a free article. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to Baseball Prospectus. Subscriptions support ongoing public baseball research and analysis in an increasingly proprietary environment.Subscribe now