It's another podcast, you know the drill. We do emails, we talk about Matt Purke, Mike Leake and when your favorite prospect is getting to the big leagues, and then we have a fascinating talk with Clayton Hamilton, who pitches for the Yokohama BayStars. Interviews with stars are boring. Where else could you get tales of four-figure bonus negotiations, wrongly diagnosed injuries, dominating a beer league and playing during the big earthquake? Nowhere, that's where. Then it's the goofy stuff, with music and why this thing is a day late, yet certainly not a dollar short. As always, we hope you enjoy.
Note: We do alert you to the presence of the occasional adult language and subject matter. Don't say we didn't warn you.
Up And In Episode 46: "Mr. Drummond Is Bad News"
Table Of Contents
0:00 Welcome, let's review the agenda!
3:52 Housekeeping: Email, twitter, Facebook, all that jazz
- Does clutch ability really exist?
- Draft workouts with bonus KG story time
- Unique paths into big league front offices
- When is a breakout actually a breakout?
- Using a stopwatch to measure velocity
- How the podcast has altered operations an a prestigious European University
- An introduction to the Verducci scale
34:46 Draft update and Matt Purke's bad week
46:55 I don't know when your favorite prospect is coming to the big leagues
56:03 Mike Leake's petty crime as an entry point to a makeup discussion
1:05:51 Lets talk about the Dodgers even though we don't know anything
1:07:45 Special Guest: Clayton Hamilton, RHP, Yokahoma BayStars
- Signing bonus hijinks
- Throwing hard = getting innings
- The mysterious oblique injury
- Returning to Texas
- Getting a call from Japan during the World Series Of Poker
- Dominating in a beer league
- Flying across the Pacific
- Playing a game during the big quake
- The differences of baseball in Japan and language barriers
2:03:47 Music Guest: WAXEATER
2:05:19 What Are You Drinking?
2:08:22 Mental Status Updates: Fullbright scholarships and writer's block
2:20:57 That Just Happened: I might be on stage
2:24:23 The Week Ahead and dealing with commenters
Music is by WAXEATER from the album, Sleeper, Copyright 2010.